- A good remote control for Windows Media Center is essential. I got the Noah HA-IR01SV, and I love it.
- Windows 7 is not yet ready for prime time. Both of the TV tuner cards I tried don't yet have drivers that work. I finally ended up back with Vista running Windows Media Center.
- The first "TV" I got was just a big computer monitor, but it was defective. That turned out to be a blessing, since I got a real TV, which has many more inputs and a remote control, for not much more money.
- I ended up with a Dell Studio Hybrid, which is small and quiet—perfect for a living room computer. I considered the Dell Zino, but I found a great deal on a used Hybrid at CedarPC.
- I'm still not 100% happy with my video out. I'm using VGA. I couldn't find a screen resolution via the HDMI connection that would fill the screen fully without clipping.
- And finally, I tried the top-rated Logitech Dinovo keyboard, and I hated it. The trackpad is round, with clever but useless features that ignore trackpad convention. And it's about 3 feet off to the right of where my hands are when I'm typing.
Maybe the grass is greener, but I probably should've just got an Apple TV.